JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bixby Voice Not Working

(Topic created: 10-09-2018 11:40 PM)
usernXeOrnHbDb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Samsung I am getting very frustrated with your new S8 Plus and Bixby. When the Bixyby Voice first rolled out it was working great then the Bixby Voice activation stopped working after an update ( Bixby would not wake up using my voice would only work when manually pressing the designated Bixby button).  I tried clearing cache, deleting data on Bixby Voice, and Bixby Home. After doing this Bixby voice would would say when trying to train my voice Bixby Can Not Hear You no matter what I tried with the distance of the phone or how loud I spoke.

I also deleted the Cache Partition but it didn't work.  After numerous days Samsung Support contacted me via Facebook messaging and suggested that I uninstall updates to Bixby Voice and Bixby Home.  I was able to retrain my voice and I was Happy.  The next day the Bixby Voice Activation stopped working again.  

Samsung, when will this be fixed.  This is the first time I have thought about getting rid of Samsung and I have been with you since the S3 and and all Televisions are Samsung.

Please provide me with an answer to a workaround or when will the update fixing this problem be out?  You have known for weeks that others have the same problem!

I have attached a screen shot when you try to train my voice when starting Bixby.

Thank you

Doug

Processes already tried but Have Not Resolved Issue:

The Bixby Voice App was the current app when it stopped working 3 weeks ago

I uninstalled updates on Bixby voice when suggested by Samsung FB support (it worked then stopped again the next day.)

Cleared Cache Bixby Home and Voice

Deleted Data Bixby Home and Voice

Deleted Cache Partition

231 Replies
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey, @user1FWcaBeLd8, would you mind letting us know what you tried?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey, I hope you are doing well. I just wanted to get in touch and see what you had tried to get the cards to show up in Bixby Home?

If you need help with anything else, please let us know and we'll be happy to help!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userVQrX6d6AJE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

there is no voice wake-up

0 Likes
Mxlvxdo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Whenever I press Voice Wake Up the it crashes and says "Bixby Voice has stopped working"  do you know how to fix thay?

0 Likes
Luvable Sands
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I've tried this, but it still don't work. I go into setting and it only let me choose the card and apps I want to show on bixby. It doesn't even show voice wake up. I cleared the cache and to restart the options and bixby doesn't speak at all.
0 Likes
Sadesh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thare are no any option of voice wakeup 

0 Likes
useryLKqxjIPjY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am having the exact same issue:

Model: SM-G965U

Baseband: G965USQU1ARBG

Carrier: T-Mobile

0 Likes
Mildmanor
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

purchased my phone on april 07, 2018.  I am having the same issues

Bixby button is working correctly, Bixby is very responsive and does quite well.  Very happy with her.

However:

When you say hi bixby, a small icon will appear in the notification area then dissapear.  sometimes it reappears and then disappears a second time.

for perspective purposes, bixby is acting like a 5 year old child waking up from a nap.  When you call her name she turns her head to look at you but then acts like she doesnt hear you and goes back to sleep.

Maybe bixby is accidently muting the mic when you call "hi bixby"

model:  SM-G965U

Baseband Version:  G965USQU1ARBG

Carrier:  Verizon

0 Likes
Mildmanor
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

in reference to bixby not working i was playing around and found out the following information:

1)  say hi bixby, and get no response

2) open settings and clicked optomize and put all apps to sleep as the software asked for

3) bixby responded when "hi bixby spoken" and tried to do what i asked

4) bixby quit working after the second task was assigned

5) opened settings and went to memory and cleared it.

6) bixby activated again

7) bixby quite working again shortly there after

😎 cleared memory again

9) bixby worked

10) bixby quite working.

I did the above 10 consecutive times.  each time the same behavior repeaded and was very predictable in how it would occur.  usually after the second or 3rd time this would occur.  this would happen weather or not you gave bixby a command or just tapped on the screen.  eventually she stopped working(2 or 3 "hi bixby").

so a program in memory is causing this issue.  below is a list of programs at the moment bixby stops working by voice.   I tried to note each time which programs were loading into memory at the time of stop, however they just kept populating so i gave the consistent ones below.

media storage

samsung backup and restore

verizon location agent

download manager

com.qualcomm.qti.smcinvok

my verizon services

google play store

phone security

chrome

com.qualcomm.atfwd

stickerplugin

kik

security and privacy

messenger

google play music

intelligent scan

face

google services framework

game optimizing service

badge provider

0 Likes
useruhK6tp31Iu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

OK I just got my phone and it was working all day and then all the sudden it stopped working. So came here and I looked at your list and I noticed Kik messenger. Soon as I uninstalled Kik messenger Bixby was working again

0 Likes