Picture quality of 4K UHD Movie

Constellation

Picture quality of 4K UHD Movie

I have Samsung UBD-9500 4K BluRay player connected to Sony A8F (OLED) 4k TV using HDMI (Premium Certified) cable. The picture has little snow and is not 4k quality (as compared to 4k material on YouTube/Amazon Prime). The information on TV shows that signal is 2160 resolution at 24 fps. Both TV and UBD-9500 have the latest firmware (software update).

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you.

9 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Picture quality of 4K UHD Movie

We are sorry to hear about this. Have you tried connecting to a different HDMI port?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Yes. On Sony A8F, there are two 4k eneabled HDMI ports (HDMI 2 and 3). Picture quality is same on both.

Samsung Moderator

Have you tried a different HDMI cable?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Yes. First I was using High Speed HDMI cable (about 3 years old). Then I purchased Premium Certified HDMI cable (last week). No difference in picture quality.

Samsung Moderator

Does this issue exist on any other input devices, other than the internal apps?

Constellation

No. I have Dish reciever (not 4k) and Apple TV (not 4k) connected to the TV. Excellent picture quality. Picture quality of 4k material played from TV apps and UBD9500 apps is similar and excellent quality. Only the 4k UHD blurays (Wonderwoman, Jason Bourne) show grainy picture.

Samsung Moderator

If you play a non-4K movie, do you see the same symptoms?

Constellation

No. I played Frozen World, picture quality was what you would expect from a non-4K bluray.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator

Please send the serial number, along with the current software version on the player, to this PM Link.