The content being played is protected by Cinavia and is not authorized for playback on this device

Constellation

Re: The content being played is protected by Cinavia and is not authorized for playback on this devi

I just bought a Samsung model BD-J5100 about 3 weeks ago and have played several disks with no problem.  I bought the Hunger Games set about 2 weeks ago from Walmart and was playing a disk and received the error that it is not authorized for playback on this device and to see message code 3.  ???

Samsung Moderator

Re: The content being played is protected by Cinavia and is not authorized for playback on this devi

userGhwrvrDJlj, please provide the current software version. 

Constellation

Just bout this a couple weeks ago and every disk we have olayed from day one gets this message. They are all dvds we have bought. What can we do before I throw this away due to the annoying message that randomly pops up during every movie. 

Constellation

:B-JM53CHTBWWB-1006.1

m/n: HT-J4100/HT-JM41

we’ve had this player for more than 2 years, played numerous Blu-Ray discs but never had a problem until now when trying to play Mockingjay part 2.

What do we do now? This desk was bought from Amazon.

Samsung Moderator

If you can, update to the current software version.  That should resolve the issue.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Astronaut

Hi,

My Samsung Blu ray Disc player Model BD - J4500R/XS ,facing the same problem.Audio output temporarily muted.Do not adjust the playback voloum.

Any advice how to update the softwate version?

Thank you for your time.

Regards

Tony

samsungjam wrote:

If you can, update to the current software version.  That should resolve the issue.  

Samsung Moderator

Is that Blu-ray player being used in the US?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator

Are you still needing assistance?