Galaxy NX camera vertical lines

Cosmic Ray

Galaxy NX camera vertical lines

I have the Samsung NX Galaxy camera with interchangeable lenses and uses the Android operating system. It is a great camera. However the image capture Electronics have failed as all I see on the screen is a series of fine vertical lines. No image is captured by the camera. The lines stay the same no matter what interchangeable-lens I put on the camera. The Android operating system works fine. Has anyone had this problem with the entire screen being covered with fine vertical lines? Thanks.

9 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy NX camera vertical lines

Please provide the full model code so that we can look into this for you. ^Gill

Cosmic Ray

EK GN 120 Galaxy Note camera

Serial number cn1fa0084bk

Samsung Moderator

Has the device taken any drops or gotten wet?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Cosmic Ray

No.  Camera otherwise works fine.  The Android operating system is fully up to date.  I can send and receive emails, etc.  The interchangeable lens works from my other NX cameras work so it is not the lens.  From other research, it appears that the issue is with the LCD.  According to Samsung trouble shooting guides the camera should be repaired.  thanks for checking.

Cosmic Ray

I think I contradicted my self.  The back screen words fine like any other Samsung screen.  Maybe not the LCD, but that is what trouble shooting guide said.

Cosmic Ray

sample photo galaxy nxsample photo galaxy nx

Samsung Moderator

Could you send us a private message so that we can schedule a repair?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Astronaut

Good day please help me...

I also have problem with my ek gn120... first i fully charged it before putting it inside the cabinet to store then the next morning i get it to transfer files to computer then i notice its warm but the room is cold because of the airconditioning.. then when i try ti switch it on it wont because the battery is drained.. so meaning it is using the battery when connected because the camera is warm when i took it and battery is now drained... then i tried to charge it now and it is super slow to charge. i charge it overnight from 2% and now it is 12% but before i only need to charge it like 4-6hrs then its ok.. i already did the factory reset but still doing the same thing. when its turned on the battery is not charging not like before. so is it the battery need replacement or there's more to my problem other than the battery? thankyou and have a nice day.
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator

Sadly repairs would be recommended in your case userODjxABy6K8.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.