NX 300 Camera

Constellation

NX 300 Camera

When we try and charge the camera it makes a clicking sound and the lens goes in and out without charging.  If there is even a little charge the camera wont shut down until it dies completly.  It isnt the battery and I have seen other posts in forums about this issue before but noone has an answer.  Does anyone know what is going on?

7 REPLIES
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator

Re: NX 300 Camera

Have you tried taking the battery out and putting it back in to reset it?

Constellation

Mine does the same thing, have you figured out why?

Samsung Moderator

Have you tried what Justin suggested? Thank you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Yes I did, it didn't work.  I did however, update my software and that solved the problem!

Constellation

How did you do that?

terrilynn wrote:

Yes I did, it didn't work.  I did however, update my software and that solved the problem!

Constellation

You should have a USB cable which plugs into your charger and camera.  Plug it into your computer, you may have to update a couple times - I did.  Also, you will need a memory card in the camer but make sure you download any pictures you want to keep, I think it tells you to format the memory card or at least have an empty memory card.  Then follow the directions.  When you disconnect from the computer, you will then have to go to software update on the camera to download the updates there.  Good luck!

Astronaut

The last post is correct, you have to do a firmware update on the camera.  Google NX300 Firmware update.  Get an empty or formated SD Card and a fully charged batter and then plug it into your computer and do the firmware update.  It not only fixes that problem but will add some new apps and update the camera's capabilities. I did it on mine and was very happy.