cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usereugUZC9GKN
Constellation

Active Pen compatibility with notebook 7 spin 2018

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've been searching far and wide for an answer to this question...
The brand new Spin 7 notebook (NP730QAA-K01US) supposedly has Active Pen compatibility, but I have been finding NOTHING on what active pens are compatible with it. Does the new notebook have Microsoft Pen Protocol (MPP)? Could I use something like the Bamboo Ink? I just want to buy a laptop knowing that it has what I need.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Active Pen compatibility with notebook 7 spin 2018

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's not compatible unfortunately.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

12 REPLIES 12
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The notebook does have MPP.  We are looking to to the compatibility with the bamboo ink.  Thank you for your patience.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userKlBP43g9AZ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So there is no hope if I bought a Spin early this year? I wish you guys would replace the screens or something. The Best Buy guys had no idea this thing was incompatible with all pens.

user87yKvQlXUf
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the Note 9 w S Pen and wanted to get a Spin compatible with that Pen as well...what specific model do I need to google search to buy?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's not compatible unfortunately.  

userQfTaLNuuGo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So what active pen can I buy that is currently compatible with a new (2018) Samsung Notebook 7 Spin?

Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

as long as its one of the new 2018 model, it "should" be compatible with any of these...

https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/mobile-accessories/tablets/s/tablets-s_pens/_/n-10+11+hv1rt+zq1y5+...

userwyYqayiNLt
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

“Should”?! What kind of support is that? I just bought the same computer at Best Buy and we have the same issue. We did get someone to connect a Bamboo Ink for us at the store and it did write on the screen just fine. I have one on order. Why do you say it’s not compatible? Why is there no list of supported active pens if this computer has the capability?

Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I say "should" because i don't have a Notebook 7 Spin.

I say "should" as opposed to "should not" because of announcements that say the 2018 version is compatible.

I say "should" because the new versions are compatible with the S Pen, but even though not all of the pens in the link are S Pens, they use the same technology, so they "should". To be safe, you can go for the official S Pen

https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/mobile-accessories/tablets/s-pen-ej-pt820bbeguj/

userpPcNCzz0EM
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

if the spin 2018 is indeed using either wacom AES or microsoft MPP, than the wacom bamboo ink pen IS compatable as it is a duel protocol pen that works via those 2 protocols. 

I hope the moderation team do a better job in research and do not spread false information to consumers.