cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sanelymad
Asteroid

Bamboo Ink on a Samsung 7 spin notebook

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is this pen not compatible and why not?  I got the pen on the hopes I could do some wicked drawings...errr...semi wicked....ummm...ok so I could doodle some real cool stuff.  Any help would be appreciated!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Bamboo Ink on a Samsung 7 spin notebook

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Regrettably, we can't guarantee compatibility. It will probably work with a few apps but we can't be sure of it. 

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You're the first I've had ask about Bamboo Ink/Spin 7 compatibility.  I know it's compatible with a few other Samsung products though.  Which OS are you operating on currently?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Sanelymad
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry about the late reply.  Im operating on Windows 10.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Regrettably, we can't guarantee compatibility. It will probably work with a few apps but we can't be sure of it. 

Sanelymad
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah I haven't had any luck with it working but the button to bring up compatible apps. Amy other pens like this that would work? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

None produced by us unfortunately.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userqYixvxoIRe
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

None produced by anyone. Samsung is lying to you when they say the Notebook 7 Spin is compatible with an active pen. It has a capacitive screen and by definition will not support an actvie pen. Blatant false advertising.

userSCjitw0NMe
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you ever find a good pen option?  My spin 7 is en route 

user5gEK8fAZMA
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I figured this out pretty quicky after buying the laptop back in September. The Notebook 7 spin has a capacitive screen which means pens/stylus's do not work. However, a pen with a nub on it like the Bamboo solo will work on the screen. But if you are going to use it for drawing/coloring well, you will go through the nib very quickly. Samsung really should have noted that the laptop is capacitive and not compatible with stylus's. But I bet that was so they could sell the laptop and had they put the screen type, the sales wouldn't have been where they needed it.

Sanelymad
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I never found one to work.  Smiley Sad