cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user3VkN4F7gzY
Constellation

Re: Black display Samsung Notebook 9 Pro

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So what's the deal with this? I just started to experience the same issue!! All of a sudden, my screen would turn black and flicker. Then the flickering will stop and the screen will just stay black. If I press the power button it goes to sleep, then I turn it back on and it is fine. Then after some time the same thing happens. Please advise.

user3VkN4F7gzY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After much googling, I think I found a solution. Since this ONLY happens while using laptop on battery power, this is what I did: Right click on you desktop and go to "Intel Graphics Settings" -> "Power" -> "On Battery" -> "Panel Self Refresh" -> "Disable" -> "Apply". This appears to have fixed it for me.

userGaHORlBfKc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i have an ativ book 9 940x5j  with the same issur black scrren no response to the key board 
s it the same problem 

userGaHORlBfKc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

so what did u do?

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please get that to us as soon as you can.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userNaD5ULsedE
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just want to report back. Running for the past two months with zero issues after doing this:

Right click on you desktop and go to "Intel Graphics Settings" -> "Power" -> "On Battery" -> "Panel Self Refresh" -> "Disable" -> "Apply". This fixed it for me.

muddboner
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Piggybacking on messages that have the same issue that I am having. 

Model #NP940X3G-K03US

I have my laptop connected to a TV monitor.  My laptop screen is black, but the TV monitor responds to touchscreen commands.  Doesn't matter if the computer is running on battery or plugged in.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@muddboner Have you tried adjusting your screen resolution settings to ensure that it registers two monitors?

muddboner
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have. The display on my laptop has been black for a while.  I connected it to a monitor to confirm that the computer was working.  I am looking for solutions other than changing the display screen.