cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userVDDiJNeK81
Asteroid

Burn iso to Usb

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I need to burn a Linux Distro to my usb drive. Of course the file is an iso extension and the recover utility can't do this. How or where can I find a utility to do this ?

My plan is to wipe the Chrome OS off of my laptop and install Linux Mint.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Burn iso to Usb

JUMP TO SOLUTION

rufus, universal usb installer, unetbootin and daemontools will put an iso on usb

crouton will put ubuntu on your chromebook

chromebooks dont have a bios

you cannot install nix the normal way.

read that artical up there

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I wouldnt try with mint. If you want to ignore me, Rufus.exe(on a windows pc) can take care of the "iso to usb" problem. make sure you select "dd" Universal usb installer would work because of the formatting it uses. rufus in dd mode produces the cleanest burn.

After you give up, check out the "official unofficial" way to install ubuntu.(yeah, not my favorite either, but its nix)

https://lifehacker.com/how-to-install-linux-on-a-chromebook-and-unlock-its-ful-509039343

edit: and blah blah blah and something about samsung warranty

userVDDiJNeK81
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks. I tried unsuccessfully to get Ubuntu up and running. I am still looking for a utility that will let me burn iso to usb however. I need to get into my bios and allow it to boot to usb as well.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

rufus, universal usb installer, unetbootin and daemontools will put an iso on usb

crouton will put ubuntu on your chromebook

chromebooks dont have a bios

you cannot install nix the normal way.

read that artical up there

View solution in original post