cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
BonceGrendibule
Constellation

Can't Choose Boot Order (Samsung Essentials e30) - HDD and SSD *PLEASE HELP ME* :(

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I bought a Samsung e30 notebook and a WD Green 120GB SSD (WDS120G2G0B - M.2 2280), mounted it and fomated to NTFS - GPT (UEFI) (checked if HDD was also NTFS - GPT, and it was). Everything is working, I can save files on both, BUT I cannot install Windows on SSD.

First I need to change boot order, and Samsung Bios recognizes my USB installer and both HDD and SSD, but the last two don't even appear as an option, only my USB (if connected) and Windows Boot Manager. I've already disabled Secure Boot, chose the recommended option on OS Mode and disabled Fast BIOS Mode (all recommended steps for this process). 

I've noted that HDD and 2nd HDD Password appear as frozen, but I disabled Password On Boot and nothing changed. I've read tons of articles and forums explaining all that process and installed one SSD on a Dell Notebook, which was way easier than all that. I'm clueless on what to do, please someone enlight my mind. Sorry for any grammar mistakes, im brazilian. Pictures showing all below:

20190923_140352.jpg20190923_140509.jpg20190923_140555.jpg20190923_140710.jpg20190923_140613.jpg

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BonceGrendibule
Constellation

Re: Can't Choose Boot Order (Samsung Essentials e30) - HDD and SSD *PLEASE HELP ME* :(

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I figured it out, thanks.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Honored Contributor

Re: Can't Choose Boot Order (Samsung Essentials e30) - HDD and SSD *PLEASE HELP ME* :(

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@BonceGrendibule wrote:

So I bought a Samsung e30 notebook and a WD Green 120GB SSD (WDS120G2G0B - M.2 2280), mounted it and fomated to NTFS - GPT (UEFI) (checked if HDD was also NTFS - GPT, and it was). Everything is working, I can save files on both, BUT I cannot install Windows on SSD.

First I need to change boot order, and Samsung Bios recognizes my USB installer and both HDD and SSD, but the last two don't even appear as an option, only my USB (if connected) and Windows Boot Manager. I've already disabled Secure Boot, chose the recommended option on OS Mode and disabled Fast BIOS Mode (all recommended steps for this process). 

I've noted that HDD and 2nd HDD Password appear as frozen, but I disabled Password On Boot and nothing changed. I've read tons of articles and forums explaining all that process and installed one SSD on a Dell Notebook, which was way easier than all that. I'm clueless on what to do, please someone enlight my mind. Sorry for any grammar mistakes, im brazilian. Pictures showing all below:

20190923_140352.jpg20190923_140509.jpg20190923_140555.jpg20190923_140710.jpg20190923_140613.jpg

Have you started USB installer to try and install Windows 10 OR you are not able to boot from that USB?

BonceGrendibule
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes I have. I can boot it but I'll have no option to choose where to download windows, so it will choose the main storage which is the HDD.

BonceGrendibule
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I figured it out, thanks.

View solution in original post