Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userOGo1JZ0qlO
Constellation

Chromebook Pro - Low Volume from the Headphone Jack

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I love my new Chromebook Pro [XE510C24-K01US] but I have this one problem: The volume from the headphone jack is very low. I don't hear anything at all until the volume control is set at approximately 60%. With the volume control set to 100% I can certainly hear sound, but it's not at all loud.

I've experimented with different headphones and with different sound sources, e.g., the Spotify app from the app store and the Google Play Music website. I even checked to make sure that the apps' own software volume control was set to maximum. In each case, the result was the same: low volume from the headphone jack. By contrast, the volume from the built-in speakers is plenty loud when the volume control is set to maximum.

How can I solve the problem of low volume from the headphone jack?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userOGo1JZ0qlO
Constellation

Re: Chromebook Pro - Low Volume from the Headphone jack

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After doing more research I discovered the solution: A hardware reset (not a power wash.)

A hardware reset is described here. That solved the problem.

Not surprisingly, Samsung's own technical support could only respond with generic and ridiculous suggestions. ('Make sure you know the correct function key to adjust the volume!') Probably just reading from their scripts.

And of course, they use an email address to which you cannot reply.

7 REPLIES 7
userUpPMMljl7c
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same exact problem.  I was on a flight the other day and tried watching a movie.  I had a pair of earbuds and a pair of noise cancelling headphone, neither was loud enough to allow me to watch the movie.  This being the only negative I have found so far, I would hate to have to return the Chrombook Pro because of this issue.  Is this a common problem that can be fixed or do I have a defective device?

user2z1zmYmKv5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue with mine.  I would make no sense for them to ship these devices with such low volume output.  Is there a defect of some sort maybe?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is this no matter which app that you're using?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usermmSDxyXZyo
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Chiming in here, I have the exact same issue, as does a friend's identical Samsung Chromebook Pro. Speakers are good, bluetooth is good, audio jack is hardly audible until 100%.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried a Power Wash?

userOGo1JZ0qlO
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After doing more research I discovered the solution: A hardware reset (not a power wash.)

A hardware reset is described here. That solved the problem.

Not surprisingly, Samsung's own technical support could only respond with generic and ridiculous suggestions. ('Make sure you know the correct function key to adjust the volume!') Probably just reading from their scripts.

And of course, they use an email address to which you cannot reply.

usern90FYsWW8S
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Had the same issue, this solved it. Thanks!