JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Chromebook plus touchscreen only works with stylus

(Topic created: 12-07-2019 02:58 PM)
userKjSz59uEtr
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I am having the same issue many others in the forum have reported.  Chromebook plus touchscreen has stopped working.  It will respond to the stylus, but not touch.  Powerwash, updates, reinstall have not solved the issue. 

Please help. 

17 Replies
userCoCf6DwBTK
Constellation
Options
Computers

I'm also having the same problem with pen working but touch not. I got my Pro Jan. 2019 and the touchscreen stopped working 2 days ago. I tried every simple and software fix that I found (cleaning, enabling the shotcut toggle, power button tapping, hardware reset, and "power wash") with no change. I took it in to Best Buy (where I'd purchased it) and was told that it would cost more to fix than I bought it for ($400 - open box).

The touchscreen is a very important part of this device and it seems really early for something like this to fail.

What sort of options do I have for either debugging or repair?

0 Likes
user6MarJEyDI0
Constellation
Options
Computers

Hi,

First off, I really like my Samsung Chromebook Plus V1.  I purchased it last year around December and really enjoyed using it.  I recommended this to a co-worker and he ended up purchasing two V2 (one for himself and one for his wife).  He experienced this issue after a week of ownership.  For him, this occured after he tried to use a wireless mouse.  But he powerwashed and was able to get it to work again.  So I didn't think much of the issue...

But half a year into owning my Chromebook, the same issue showed up on mine.  I thought I can just powerwash it and I'd be fine.  So I delayed doing that because I had a lot of configurations and applications installed (in Linux) at the time knowing that the simple solution of powerwash would've resolved it.  Since this Chromebook gave me such a good experience, I purchased a second Chrormebook over the Black Friday weekend and decided to powerwash my Chromebook Plus.  Unfortunately this did not resolve the issue of the touchscreen not working.

As with other users stated, the stylus works fine.  I've spent the last two days searching for possible solutions and failed to find one.  This doesn't seem to be an isolated incident and I really hope Samsung can provide the proper solution.  I see a lot of frustrated users out there that isn't getting the support to resolve this issue.  I suspect that the problem may be some setting change and not hardware given that the stylus works.  Samsung, please provide support.

0 Likes
userXT6AT0hggr
Astronaut
Options
Computers

I have a similar problem. Touch screen stop working but stylus works. A few keys also stop working.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Computers

We are sorry to hear about this. Have you performed a powerwash on the Chromebook?

0 Likes
userCoCf6DwBTK
Constellation
Options
Computers

Does anyone know if a XE510C24 screen can be used in a XE510C25?

All I can find online are XE510C24 screens.

0 Likes
userVd8xea9u3M
Astronaut
Options
Computers

I'm having the same problem.

0 Likes
userVd8xea9u3M
Astronaut
Options
Computers

is there any solution? I've powerwashed, but no luck.

0 Likes
userCoCf6DwBTK
Constellation
Options
Computers

To answer today's question, no, there is no software solution. If you're experiencing erratic behavior from the touchscreen when you're not even touching it, you can disable touchscreen input.

To answer my own question about using a C24 screen in a C25, yes they're interchangeable—but doing so didn't fix a problem for me. Maybe the replacement screen was broken in the same way or the problem is not with the screen unit but somewhere else, either hardware or software. It's a waste of such a nice Chromebook, having no touch input.

0 Likes