cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userbhmQ8UbRpY
Constellation

Chromebook pro does not turn on (only blue light no screen)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a chromebook pro and there was an update and after restarting, chromeos just crashed - the screen went blank. Since then I have not been able to turn it back on. Mostly, I have a blue light, but with a blank screen.

I have tried all kinds of hardware reset etc., but nothing works. If I hold it for a few seconds, the blue light goes off and when I press the button to start it again, it goes green for a 1/2 second and then back to blue with the blank screen.

Please advise...

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Supernova

Re: Chromebook pro does not turn on (only blue light no screen)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If the above troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue, then service repairs would be recommended. 

46 REPLIES 46
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh no! Could you send us a private message with your full model and serial number?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userH6FKoWa2Gt
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, I'm following up on the problematic Chromebook Plus that I purchased for my granddaughter. My son returned it to me, because it would not "wake up" from the sleep mode (indicated by the blue light). When I tried the Chromebook Plus, it actually booted up. I was able to fully charge it and, for several days, it worked fine. It would go to sleep when I closed it and immediately wake up when I reopened it. So, I decided not to return it to Amazon, since the company for which Amazon fulfilled the order indicated that they would only return 50% of the purchase price, if the Chromebook was in working order. This morning I tried to recharge the Chromebook and when I plugged in the power cord, the red light appeared momentarily and then immediately changed to blue. Like my son, I tried several times to turn off the machine, to reboot it, or to do a hard reset. I even left it charging for awhile to see if the red or green light would appear. No luck, It has remaining in sleep mode all day. The serial number is <Hidden> 09.2017 . Please let me if this is fixable. Thanks.

userH6FKoWa2Gt
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry, I did not know how to send a "private message." Apparently, simply clicking on the [Reply] button does not facilitate such and instead creates an additional post to the forum message thread.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No worries, you can send private messages by visiting a User's profile directly. In this case I would recommend repairs. You can message me directly using this link for more details: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
userBsYAHBpdyp
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same problem. Prior to it happening I received a message that the ChromeOS was missing or damaged. I don't remember the exact wording. Can anyone help?

userIGEhb2wmcQ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue. I didn't get that message. But my Chromebook won't wake up. It just has the blue sleep mode light on. 

userIGEhb2wmcQ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just found a solution on a different forum that worked! After charging it, so you have the blue light showing, hold down the refresh/reload button (the little circle arrow on the top row of keys) and press the power button at the same time. That should make the blue light turn off. Then power up as normal by pushing the power button again. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We're glad that you're up and running!

uservXF0bZIyez
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue.... new Chromebook, blue light on, fully charged.... I tried the refresh and power button idea....nothing..... tried control, alt, shift, r....nothing. very frustrated! Help!!