cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userYZQo23BGw3
Constellation

Chromebook pro won't turn on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My one week old Chromebook pro won't turn on. It apparently isn't being able to hold any charge.

The power button seems unresponsive, refresh+power won't work either.

The only activity I can see on the power indicator is one white light followed by one brief red light the moment I plug the charger.

Is there any "disconnect battery" procedure for this kind of issues?

Has anyone else experienced something similar?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Chromebook pro won't turn on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sadly service repairs would be recommended. Could you shoot us a private message with the full model and serial number? --> http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sadly service repairs would be recommended. Could you shoot us a private message with the full model and serial number? --> http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

MonkeyIsland
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately I do have the same problem. If plugged in the led is white and nothing happens. At one point it started blinking white, now it is solid white again.

Is there any magic trick to solve this Smiley Wink

Aubs23
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Where can I get help with this, I tried to following the troubleshooting methods in this post and it isn't working.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Aubs23    We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the model and serial numbers to this link.

user0fjtrMAVXu
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem as everyone else. I have done the hold power down and refresh button and it has only given me a 1 second white light then a red light as the charging indicator. Please help. 

userbhmQ8UbRpY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

I have the same problem. There was an update and after restarting, chromeos just crashed - the screen went blank. Since then I have not been able to turn it back on. Mostly, I have a blue light, but with a blank screen.

I have tried all kinds of hardware reset etc., but nothing works. If I hold it for a few seconds, the blue light goes off and when I press the button to start it again, it goes green for a 1/2 second and then back to blue with the blank screen.

Please advise...

Thanks,

Michael

userx1VkpGI5uq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm experiencing the exact same issue on my ~2 week old Chromebook Pro. After a recent ChromeOS update, the computer booted to the Chrome logo and then crashed with a pixelated screen. I attempted to recover with a USB flash drive and after several attempts it is the same exact state as the previous poster on this thread:

Black screen, blue power light on

Can turn off blue light by holding down power button, but screen stays black now.

The computer is definitely charged. Any suggestions for the best way to resolve these issues? Everything was working fine before the latest ChromeOS update.

userFHON44WPAq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem.

Originally my Pro wouldn't turn on and the power LED was always green.

ESC RESET POWER ON did nothing.

Returned for warranty repair, received back with new motherboard.

Lasted two days, then same problem EXCEPT power LED permanently blue.

Pro returned again a week after the first return for warranty service.

Not impressed with the lack of reliability.

useroeRvm1ztVd
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a two month old Pro that will not power on. Battery light flickers white and the power button is not working.