Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
LordArkana
Constellation

M2070FW printer won't scan, official drivers from website not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I installed my printer on my new PC today, and since I lost the CD, I used the Add printer function in Windows 7 to configure it. I can print with it just fine, but I cannot scan. If I try scanning from the printer to Local PC, I get a Not Available message. If I try scanning using the Easy Printer Manager shortcut, I get this: "Scan application supported by easy printer manager is not installed. Please install scan application"

I tried every single scan driver I could find on the official website, to no avail. Not a single one of them works. It's like the printer refuses to recognize the drivers. Am I doing something wrong?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: M2070FW printer won't scan, official drivers from website not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried the ones listed here: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/wireless-mono-multifunction-printer-xpress-w-fax-m2...

If so, have you tried a reset of the printer? 

34 REPLIES 34
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried the ones listed here: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/wireless-mono-multifunction-printer-xpress-w-fax-m2...

If so, have you tried a reset of the printer? 

LordArkana
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried resetting the printer, then I installed the Universal scan driver from the link you showed me, and it works!
I have no idea what did the trick, maybe I wasn't choosing the right model, there were only two presented to me when I entered the number and I didn't see that one.

Thanks a lot for the help!

userdLIJhCg23r
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dear users, i also experienced same issue and after several days searching on the internet without clue, i decided to do some technical fixing.

The main issue here is that the scanning setting profile is set to Disable. To enable this, follow this step:

1.  Open the Easy Print Manager -  you can easily open that by typing easy print manager into your window search. Hopeful you should have had it installed

2. Click on Advanced Setting

3. Click Scan to Pc Setting

4. Check if the profile is set to disable. Then click on enable button.

5. Save the new setting.

YOU ARE GOOD, IT SHOULD WORK NOW. if it doesnt work, send me an email and we can do a little remote assistance. oj@mordan.org

userNur0dJyFkv
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there,

I've installed the universal scan driver and ensured scanning is enabled. Still no luck in getting it to scan. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello! Support for our Printers is handled by HP now. You can contact them by calling 1-800-544-9976 for assistance.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userwjJ1qHXy9N
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been having this problem for a while now - and still am!

I was shown the door and told to go to HP but after downloading some scan drivers I am still in the same place - it prinys ok but doesn't scan - its driving me bonkers.

I am a non-techie user and getting really fed up of just being fobbed off to someone else - why can't someone take responsibility and fix it for me.

Aaaaargh!

Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did hp not help you? Did they have you install easy document creator? or are you trying to scan from the machine itself. which printer do you have?

useryoZQOUGIal
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem. I can't scan direct from printer, it says "not available" and when i want to scan from pc this error apear " I/O error while communicating with the device. Please wait and try scanning again.If it does not help,please turn the device off,then siwtch it on and wait while it warms up.". I've unninstalled the printer , reinstall it from fresh, noting works ! I have Samsung M2675F and windows 10.1. BUT ! if i use "SCAN" aplication from windows all it works ... i dont get it ... Please help !

usernOIc6pDUa9
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, I have exactly the same problem with Samsung M2070 printer. HP support said, that scanning went bad after last Windows 10 update and HP is working on it.