Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userZAozzuFEpA
Asteroid

M2885fw Freezes While Sleeping

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a new M2885FW printer that completly freezes after a day or so asleep.  This is not a network issue, the printer is complelly dead only the blue power/wakeup light is illuminated.  Pressing any key buttons do nothing,  even holding the mdown for 30 sec has no effect.  The lcd display is blank.   The only way to revive the printer is to unplug it from the wall for 30sec or so (no power swith). It has done this since it was first installed.   It has the latest firmware installed.   Once alive it works fine.

Please Help

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userZAozzuFEpA
Asteroid

Re: M2885fw Freezes While Sleeping

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So far so good..   Its been a week and not froze up sleeping. At this point I'd say the solution is to plug it directly into a wall receptacle. 

13 REPLIES 13
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you advise if it is plugged into the wall outlet directly or into a surge protector? To make sure the current outlet has enough supporting power can you test connecting a second device to the outlet, or connecting the printer to a second outlet?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userZAozzuFEpA
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the reply.  Its currently plugged into the non-battery side of a UPS (suppression only). I concidered what you are getting at but the printer operates fine under use and at much higher current.  The only other things plugged into the UPS are my computer & monitor (battery side) and a few low current deivices like routers.  That said I'll plug it directly into the wall and give it go and report back my findings, you never know..

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please keep us posted! 

userZAozzuFEpA
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So far so good..   Its been a week and not froze up sleeping. At this point I'd say the solution is to plug it directly into a wall receptacle. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Glad to hear it, thanks for the update! I would try using a simple surge protector instead of the UPS.

userZAozzuFEpA
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well, I posted a day or two early, its froze-up..  Takes about a week give or take a day or so.    PC's  printer queue says "Off-Line" and Web Gui does not show up under network devices.   Like before LCD is blank,  buttons do nothing and the blue power is lit.    Nothin left to do but to unplug it Smiley Sad

userZAozzuFEpA
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hold on a minute..   My wife says we had a very brief power interruption this afternoon so that be the culprit today.  Give me another week and I'll report back..

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do let us know, if it continues then sadly repairs would be recommended. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userZAozzuFEpA
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I still does it Smiley Sad    Locks when sleeping starting a new print job.  Been checking it regularly pushing the sleep button before printing,  works ok.   Just printed a job without testing figuring it was ok, lock-city...

I give up.