cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
silvestre
Asteroid

NP930QAA - Samsung Update not working after Windows 10 fall creators update (v. 1804)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a brand-new NP930QAA (*) - it was bought by the end of July/18. I took it out of the box and run Samsung Update. I worked perfectly.

Then I let Windows Update do its work. It installed Fall Creators Update (v. 1804) and a lot of other updates. After that, Samsung Update no longer works. 

Please note that my machine has no other software installed beyond those pre-installed.  In fact, I restored it to the original configuration (using Samsung Recovery) at least 3 times to confirm my diagnosis.

The current version of Samsung Update at Microsoft Store is v.3.0.29.0. At Microsoft Store it is stated the following:

Description

Samsung Update is a program that makes it easy to install or update the latest system BIOS, drivers, and applications optimised for Samsung PCs.

* Samsung Update does not support Windows 10 S.

An additional service package must be installed for Samsung Update to work properly

Perhaps my machine has somehow lost such service package. I don't know. Does anyone know where can I find this service package? Or maybe someone has a better idea? Have you run your Samsung Update (v.3.0.29.0) for Windows 10 recently?

Thank you!

*: Windows 10 Home, 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 Mobile Processor 13.3" FHD LED Display (1920x1080 dots), 256GB SSD Storage

https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/windows-laptops/notebook-series-9/notebook-9-pen-13-3--np930qaa...

PS: I have just had a look at Event Viewer and there are error messages for "C:\Program Files\Samsung\SamsungUpdate\SUEngine.exe". In summary, it is reported there that "The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception".

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
silvestre
Asteroid

Re: NP930QAA - Samsung Update not working after Windows 10 fall creators update (v. 1804)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung Update 3.0.30.0 (Windows 10, 64bits, v. 1804) has solved the problem.

Thanks SamsungHeath and R&D team for your support!

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: NP930QAA - Samsung Update not working after Windows 10 fall creators update (v. 1804)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is it just Samsung Update or is it for Samsung Update Plus?

silvestre
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry, I have never heard of Samsung Update Plus. It should be Samsung Update (only).

Mine is this one:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/samsung-update/9nq3hdb99vbf#activetab=pivotSmiley Surprisedverviewtab

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for confirming this. I would like to investigate further. Can you drop a Private Message Here with the serial number?

silvestre
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Private message with Serial Number has just been sent. Thanks for your attention!

silvestre
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

current status (as of today): solution pending.

silvestre
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung Update 3.0.30.0 (Windows 10, 64bits, v. 1804) has solved the problem.

Thanks SamsungHeath and R&D team for your support!