cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

NP940X5M-X01US Trackpad unresponsive and not showing up in settings

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Windows 10 Home installed. Trackpad is totally inactive. No reference to trackpad in the settings or device manager. Ran both Windows update and Samsung update to no avail. Is there a way to install a device driver manually? Where would I get the latest driver?

Also, when I attempt to search for my model on the support page and click on the link:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/NP940X5M-X01US

I get "Page Not Found".

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: NP940X5M-X01US Trackpad unresponsive and not showing up in settings

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Honestly, if you still haven't been able to get it downloaded I would recommend seeing if the retailer can exchange it for you. It is entirely possible that it was DOA and "repairs" would be recommended as far as Samsung could offer.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'll let our website team know about the page error, in the meantime though; when going into Samsung Update did you go to the "Find Model" option to look for other drivers that are available?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I went to the Find Model and it displayed my model accurately. I even downloaded a bunch of files, but have no idea what to do with them. Since I don't know the name of the touchpad driver, I can't tell what file would correspond to that driver, and since the touchpad doesn't show up in device manager, I have no way of getting it to search for the driver either. I'm starting to wonder if my touchpad isn't DOA.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I really need to get an answer to this so I can determine if I need to return the laptop for replacement.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Honestly, if you still haven't been able to get it downloaded I would recommend seeing if the retailer can exchange it for you. It is entirely possible that it was DOA and "repairs" would be recommended as far as Samsung could offer.

View solution in original post

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could I at least get the name of the correct driver(s) so I can try a manual install? I ordered this machine online and returning it would be a major hassle. I will say that, other than the trackpad, I love this machine. Very fast and responsive with a great touchscreen.

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The touchpad/trackpad drivers are called touchpad/trackpad driver

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Also side note, you can get to the user manual here if it's needed: https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/windows-laptops/notebook-series-9/notebook-9-pro-15--np940x5m-x...  just until I can get more info on the support page for this model. Smiley Happy