cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nazatin
Cosmic Ray

Notebook 7 Spin Samsung Settings broken *Solution Found With Steps*

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I recently decided to update my Notebook 7 Spin (NP740U5L-Y02US) to Windows Update 1703 and ever since I have been unable to open Samsung Settings.  Is there a way to make it work again?  I've looked through previous threads and one of them said to factory reset, but I don't want to do that.  I'm pretty sure there is another way.  

EDIT:  So I actually got it to work again.  Here are the steps for anyone running Windows 10 version1703.

1. Check what Windows version you are running under system properties.  Then, check which Redstone version you are running here

2.Open Samsung Update.

3. Click on Find Model.

4. Type model name in search bar.  In my case I clicked on NP740U5L-Y02US.

5. Now depending on which Windows 10 Redstone version you are running, which you checked in step 1, you choose depending on what it is.  In my case 1703 is Redstone 2, so I click on Windows 10 RS2.

6.Now, in Save Setup Files, uncheck everything except Samsung Settings.  Then save (I saved to Desktop since it is easy to locate). File is named SystemSoftware. 

7. Now uninstall the original Samsung Settings.

8. After uninstalling it, go to the SystemSoftware file you just downloaded, click on Samsung Settings_3.0."---", and double click Inst application.  

9.  Enjoy

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Notebook 7 Spin Samsung Settings broken

JUMP TO SOLUTION

By any chance have you tried running SW Update?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you getting an error message when you try to open Samsung Settings?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Nazatin
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm not getting anything actually.  I click on it, but nothing happens.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

By any chance have you tried running SW Update?

Nazatin
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I actually got it to work.  I'll post the steps on the OP for anyone in the future who needs this info.

userl05Dv1AaeL
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hi, On my daughter's brand new 13" 7 spin that she just bought yesterday, the Samsung Update tool, has only a place to type in model number and windows R number, and then a bunch of different drivers show up, cant tell if it needs them or not, even have to figure out if it even pertains to the laptop there is no "save setup files' no "home" button, nothing. it's like the SWUpdate isn't there mine and her's laptop are the same except size, and when we go to the support page and download the software listed ( swupdate ) windows blocked it cold, can't install it.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you still having trouble with the notebook?

userZotNFHQTt8
Astronaut

Re: Notebook 7 Spin Samsung Settings broken *Solution Found With Steps*

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In Save Setup Files I don't have Samsung Settings. I have Samsung Power Settings and Samsung Settings Expansion Pack. Any suggestions?