cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userMtnu7wlgK1
Constellation

Notebook 9 - Grey Screen

I will be working along on my Notebook 9 Pro 15" and the screen will turn completely grey (it's a light grey with various bands of grey shades).  When this happens, I have to power off the computer with the power button and then power it on again.  It seems this is becoming a more frequent problem lately.  I contacted Samsung support via chat, and that experience was less than helpful.  The support representative immediatly wanted to  restore the device (wiping out my data) with no gaurentee it would fix the issue.  All Windows and Samsung updates have been applied and the BIOS reset to the defualts, but the issue persists.  How do I fix this annoying issue?

9 REPLIES 9
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Notebook 9 - Grey Screen

We are sorry to hear that this is happing, could we have your full model number, and pictures of your symptoms? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userMtnu7wlgK1
Constellation

Model: NP-940X5N-X01US

596863535.jpgPicture of screen

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Try this link out and keep us updated! 

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01109617/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userMtnu7wlgK1
Constellation

Sorry, but that link was not helpful, it's just a standard "make sure your computer is up to date" (and not too hot).  As I mentioned in the initial e-mail, the computer was already updated with all the latest Samsung and Microsoft updates (including drivers).  Also, the computer does have adiquate ventilation and does not appear to be overheated when this happens.  The issue still persists.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Do you see the same symptom if you connect to an external monitor or television?

userMtnu7wlgK1
Constellation

Sorry, I don't have an external monitor to test that with (nor an adapter).  I might be able to find someone to loan me an adaper and monitor (most people I know have laptops, so no monitors).  I might still have a thunderbolt display adapter for a mac, but not sure if it's compatible with the Thunderbolt 3 port on the Notebook.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can you please send the serial number to this PM Link?

userzmvGYbMRDf
Constellation

I'm having the same problem as well.

20191209_215313_HDR.jpg

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userzmvGYbMRDf Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number so that we can look into this for you: Link