cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
user2hdOkAzavU
Constellation

Notebook 9 Pro 15” (8GB RAM) NP940X5M-X03US Freezing Randomly for year, Getting Worse & No Support

I ordered this product in Fri, Nov 24, 2017. A few months later ( I cannot remember exactly; definitely by March 2018) the laptop would randomly freeze and shutdown - the blue screen of death! I ignored it at first. I work in a fast pace capacity and wrote it off as a random event and for the first three months it would crash only about once per month. By July 2018, it would crash several times a day. This is the busiest time of the year for me (in real estate) and so I had to get it resolved. I called Samsung customer support and they basically told me there was nothing they could do. I also sent several support tickets and received no material help. The only real solution I received was to factory reset my laptop, but that was a huge ask and inconvenience considering I basically rely on my laptop every hour all day every day for work. I could not take the time to move all of my files, reinstall Windows 10, reinstall all of my applications and then set everything up. So I just accepted the random crashes as a fact of life. Somehow I got used to it. Then work got slow and I almost forgot about the issue as I went on vacation. Around January 2019, work picked up and the computer began crashing anywhere from 5-10 times a day and now the crashes would occur sometimes three times in a row. I decided to perform the factory reset. I moved all of my files to an external hard drive and reinstalled WIndows. It got to be too much of an inconvenience that I had no choice. The crashes still continued. I tried the factory reset a second time in February 2019. At this point I am completely disappointed in the product and Samsung support. I wish they had helped me when I brought this issue to their attention multiple times over a year ago but they left me feeling like I was talking to a fake support staff that does not really care about customer technical issues. I am trying this one last time to ask for some real support - please take a look at my laptop and diagnose the problem. This issue is severely disrupting my work and productivity. I really need a laptop that does not crash every hour. I noticed I am not the only one who has this issue as it has been mentioned before in the community; however, I did not see any solution presented in this thread either. https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Computers-and-Printers/Notebook-9-15-quot-NP900X5L-K02US-quot-al...
1 REPLY 1
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Notebook 9 Pro 15” (8GB RAM) NP940X5M-X03US Freezing Randomly for year, Getting Worse & No Su...

@user2hdOkAzavU I can certainly understand how frustrating that is for you and I would be happy to look into this. Could you tell me what software version your computer is running on right now?