Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JoeyJoeyJoJo
Cosmic Ray

Phantom Touches on Touch Screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having a unique probelm with my Notebook 7 Spin that I can't seem to fix. I have a NP740U5L-Y03US that I have owned for 5 months and now the touchscreen is going crazy. 30 seconds to a minute after boot up the touchscreen is acting as if someone keeps touching and swiping on it but there is no one touching it. This makes the computer almost unuseable as the pointer keeps moving to the locations of the phantom touches on the screen. I was able to disable the driver to the touchscreen and use it as a normal laptop (no touchscreen) but I am surprized that such a new product would have these issues! I have another Samsung touchscreen laptop (ATIV TAB 7) that I have owned for years with no problems so I was curious if anyone else with a spin style notebook was having any issues with their touchscreen. I have already updated all drivers, uninstalled/reinstalled the touchscreen driver, and I am performing a factory reset on the laptop now but I think it is a hardware issue. Samsung customer support said they will fix it after I do the factory reset and it still is not working. Just frustrating that a new product would have issues like this.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Phantom Touches on Touch Screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's possible that it may require service. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

22 REPLIES 22
user4CqfIMwvoG
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Me tuuuu!!! D: mine is falling to respond to any stimuli all together. It's so weird becuase i have had this computer for 8 months now and it's been great so far till today. And i loved this laptop, so idk what to do. Please help. Also how do you Factory reset it!?!

JoeyJoeyJoJo
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just kept pushing the F4 button on boot up and it took me to the recovery options.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's possible that it may require service. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

JoeyJoeyJoJo
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just mailed it off to Samsung repair. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Keep us posted after you get it back.

JoeyJoeyJoJo
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Should be back on Tuesday.
pendragon923
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Did anyone ever get an RCA (Root Cause Analysis) for this issue?
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Fantastic.  Hopefully everything will be working as it should once you get it back.  

JoeyJoeyJoJo
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Got it on Tuesday as expected. The LCD screen was replaced and it now works properly.