cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user6JNCx9KIOF
Constellation

Printer has power but won't turn on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recently moved, but I have the original box for my CLP-365W, which I used (with the foam) for the 1-mile down-the-road move. The first post-move time that I tried to use it, I got an error about the drum (don't recall what the exact error message was). I checked the components, which involved taking out the ink cartridges, and reinstalled everything. That error went away. However, the waste container got knocked (while out) which resulted in ink spilling about (outside of the printer), and I then got an error for needing to empty the waste container. Even though it was mostly empty as a result of being knocked over, I didn't actually wash it out so the window was still dirty (I assume), causing the error. I washed the container, re-installed it, and was able to print. 

A day or so later, I moved the printer to another room. I just carried it a dozen steps to where I finally finished my desk set-up post move.  After I got all my stuff set-up (monitor, speakers, etc.), I checked to make sure that everything was properly connected and plugged-in. The printer light was on and wouldn't turn off, even when I held the power button down. So I unplugged it. Now, I cannot turn the printer back on. If I press the power button, the light turns on. But it goes out as soon as I lift my finger. Holding the button down doesn't result in anything happening. I made sure that the power cable was securly connected on both ends; I tried a different outlet. I am now going through additional random online help videos and making this post. Any help is appreciated!  

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Printer has power but won't turn on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would be happy to provide you with the link for support of your printer. That is www.support.hp.com or you can call in directly at 800.544.9976.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Printer has power but won't turn on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would be happy to provide you with the link for support of your printer. That is www.support.hp.com or you can call in directly at 800.544.9976.