cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
usergJil5uLp8n
Astronaut

Samsung NP-R730-JB02US notebook complete hard drive failure. Operating system completely lost.

My Samsung laptop system hard drive crashed. Total failure with no chance to recover any system or personal files no ISO recovery image available no saved restore points available. Hard drive needed to be completely replaced. Did not work at all anymore. Have new hard drive now and downloaded Windows 7 premium from online used rufis 3.5 to install the new copy of Windows 7HP. Then when I tried to enter the authentication code on the sticker at the bottom of my laptop to activate Windows 7 it would not activate. What do I do about this? How can I fix this back to where it was before the hard drive completely failed on me? I'm a do it myself kind of person. I don't have a lot of money, so I usually fix my own things. Please is there a backup copy of the Samsung factory version of Windows 7 home premium OEM Activated like what came on it originally available to download? I searched everywhere and all I could find was that I'm supposed to go to the manufacturer of my laptop to get a replacement version of Windows 7 home premium OA. Please any help would be endlessly appreciated

2 REPLIES 2
Honored Contributor

Re: Samsung NP-R730-JB02US notebook complete hard drive failure. Operating system completely lost.

@usergJil5uLp8n wrote:

My Samsung laptop system hard drive crashed. Total failure with no chance to recover any system or personal files no ISO recovery image available no saved restore points available. Hard drive needed to be completely replaced. Did not work at all anymore. Have new hard drive now and downloaded Windows 7 premium from online used rufis 3.5 to install the new copy of Windows 7HP. Then when I tried to enter the authentication code on the sticker at the bottom of my laptop to activate Windows 7 it would not activate. What do I do about this? How can I fix this back to where it was before the hard drive completely failed on me? I'm a do it myself kind of person. I don't have a lot of money, so I usually fix my own things. Please is there a backup copy of the Samsung factory version of Windows 7 home premium OEM Activated like what came on it originally available to download? I searched everywhere and all I could find was that I'm supposed to go to the manufacturer of my laptop to get a replacement version of Windows 7 home premium OA. Please any help would be endlessly appreciated

@usergJil5uLp8n 

I have a Win 7 Home Premium OEM disc that I made and I think I have used it to install Windows on HP laptop.  Which Win 7 version did you install?  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung NP-R730-JB02US notebook complete hard drive failure. Operating system completely lost.

If you registered your Windows with Microsoft when the laptop was purchased, they will be able to provide you with the activation code for the OS reinstall.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.