cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
useruMsbzUDOWW
Constellation

Samsung Notebook 9 Pro problem with S Pen

My Notebook 9 Pro has been working great since 2018, but the included stylus pen was broken accidentally a while ago.  So, I bought a replacement S pen.  The replacement S pen was working for months, but last week stopped working entirely.

Is there any way to fix this issue?  I have googled it but can't seem to find anything for my specific predicatment.  Is there any way to fix this, or is the solution to simply purchase a new S pen?

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Notebook 9 Pro problem with S Pen

Is the software up to date? If it is and there are no apps interfering, a new S Pen would be the best option.

useruMsbzUDOWW
Constellation

Hi there, I'm unsure if the software is up to date.  Can you tell me how I could do/check this? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Open the start menu and search for update. If Samsung Update is listed, check for any available updates there and check for any available Windows updates.

Comet

SamsungGill is spot on.

But if Samsung Update isnt in your search results, you can grab it from the Microsoft Store. Also check your system icons in the bottom right(and the arrow that brings up more). Do you see any spen icon? It might have just been disabled.

But also, assuming the possibility that it might be the pen, did you buy this from Samsung? Or a third party.

It definitly sounds like drivers, but you might have to grab a new one. I'd recommend one from https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/computing-accessories/computers/notebook-9-pro-s-pen-aa-pp1n9ss...

---My Signature---
If you're anticipating a follow up to one of my posts, please like my post or tag me. I don't generally go back to posts I have replied to unless I get pointed there.