cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
UgotJeff
Asteroid

Samsung Notebook NP300E5C after startup goes to (Recovery) (your PC needs to be repaired) Screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung Notebook NP300E5C with win 8.1 was very slow so I did a full restore back to factory win 8 " Via F4 Key" (sucessfull) , did all the updates and then proceeded to update to win 8.1 thru windows store. watched it until it hit 99% then it restarted , when it came back it was on "Recovery"screen "your PC needs repaired" error code 0xc000000f at bottom it says  (ENTER -to try again) (F8- startup settings)or (Escape - UEFI firmware settings) . if you press F8 or Enter it instantly goes back to Recovery screen. Escape key does put you to bios settings. While Samsung logo is on before recovery screen at startup none of the Fkeys work.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
UgotJeff
Asteroid

Re: Samsung Notebook NP300E5C after startup goes to (Recovery) (your PC needs to be repaired) Scree

JUMP TO SOLUTION

just to let anyone know I pulled memmory and Hdrive and was able to get into bios screen, by process of elimination I  figured out that a bad Hdrive , replaced and everything is fine after reloadind win 8.1

5 REPLIES 5
UgotJeff
Asteroid

Re: Samsung Notebook NP300E5C after startup goes to (Recovery) (your PC needs to be repaired) Scree

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Screen says I need to run tools from your installation media, I have both a CD and usb with win 8 , no matter which boot priority I choose the pc goes back to recovery screen. does not find cd or usb. I can hear cd spinning after leaving bios for restart

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message with the full model and serial number?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

UgotJeff
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
yes and how do i send private message
UgotJeff
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

sent email

UgotJeff
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

just to let anyone know I pulled memmory and Hdrive and was able to get into bios screen, by process of elimination I  figured out that a bad Hdrive , replaced and everything is fine after reloadind win 8.1