cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rigsly
Constellation

Samsung Odyssey+ Black screen / no Picture over HDMI

Hello,

I recently purchased an Odyssey+ and are having some problems with the installation.

To be precise: No matter which HDMI Port I am using, I just can't get a picture on the HMD. (Just audio and the green flashing status LED). However, I have been able to get a picture by connecting the HMD via. a Displayport 1.2 to HDMI adapter. (Here, the HDM works on 60 and 90Hz, though I do have very noticeable visual artifacts [red dots in shadowy areas]. I believe that this is caused by the adapter.)

I previously had a Lenovo Explorer running perfectly on the same machine / with the same extension cables. Because of this, I had reinstalled the WMR Portal and drivers as well as my GPU drivers. I also tried a whole lot of different cables and adapters as well as every port on my GPU (with and without other monitors plugged in, though these don't seem to be a problem). I also tried the before mentioned ports with and without extension cables.

I also tried a different DP to HDMI adapter and an HDMI coupler, though with no luck.

Has anyone an Idea why my unit will not work with an HDMI Port or what I can do to fix this?

Any comment and Idea, no matter how what, is very much appreciated!

Best regards,

Rigsly

1 REPLY 1
csbrat
Constellation

Re: Samsung Odyssey+ Black screen / no Picture over HDMI

I have decided that the best way to fix my Odyssey is to sell it and get an Oculus Rift S. WMR is dead, Samsung doesn't care to support their products and Mark Zuckerberg LIKES VR so the Oculus will continue to evolve. Good luck with your Odyssey - I've spent the better part of 2 weeks trying to fix mine