Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yuda
Asteroid

Samsung Update BUG

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi!

I have a Samsung Notebook9 Spin lap-top (NP940X3L) with Windows 10 Home.

Recently, "Samsung Update" has suddenly stopped working.

I can launch the program, but beside that, it doesn't work at all.

I have already tried the "REPAIR" options in the 'control panel -> programs' and it didn't work.

HELP PLEASE!!!

Thanks!

Yuda

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Update BUG

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Most likely the pre-installed version was outdated, which is why downloading the version from the app store corrected the issue.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
waveguide
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What do you mean by "it doesn't work at all"? Does it show the spinning ring of dots forever?

Is your Internet connection set as a metered connection? I found I had to turn that off while running Samsung Update for it to work.

Yuda
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I mean that after I launch the program, I cannot update any of the programs that need to be updated. The 'update' option just doesn't work (the button just won't respond).

In addition, the whole program is acting strange. I can't quite explain it, but it seems like there's a general malfunction: it works slower than it used to, the 'search' bar doesn't work and seems to have some kind of bug...

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried to uninstall Samsung Update and then Reinstall it? https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/samsung-update/9nq3hdb99vbf?SilentAuth=1&wa=wsignin1.0

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Yuda
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The bug is in the pre-installed 'Samsung update' (see image).

I've already downloaded the Microsoft store app. It solved the problem of updating softwares, but I was still wondering about that bug in the original software...

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Most likely the pre-installed version was outdated, which is why downloading the version from the app store corrected the issue.

View solution in original post

Yuda
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OK!

So I'll just keep using the microsoft app.

Thanks!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are welcome! Please let me know if you have any additional questions.