Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userPnup2QQEzC
Constellation

Touchscreen Not Working - Samsung Windows 10 Laptop

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model: np530e5m-x03us

Hello,

Starting from when I took my laptop out of sleep mode this morning, the touchscreen stopped functioning completely. The laptop works fine in all other respects and can still be controlled with the touchpad or a mouse, but touching the screen does not work at all. The screen is NOT cracked or damaged in any way.

On device manager, under HID-Compliant Touch Screen, it says:

Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)
To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer.

But this is nonsense, since my touchscreen is connected (and is not even something I could disconnect)

Under the components of the touchscreen (Atmel MaxTouch Control & Atmel MaxTouch Digitizer), the following error code is listed:

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
There are no compatible drivers for this device.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.

But upon clicking on update driver, windows, after searching for a time, says it cannot find updated drivers for my device.

I have already tried the following:

- Restarting my computer (many times)
- System Restore, both to last night and to Saturday Morning
- Disabling and Enabling the Digitizer and Control
- Checking for Updates via "Windows Update" - says my system is up to date
- Checking for Updates via "Samsung Update" - several updates were recommended and installed, none proved helpful.
- The Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter - It detects that the digitizer and control do not have a driver and claims to have performed a fix - but the problem remains unresolved.

- Having windows search for a driver - As noted above, windows says it cannot find updated drivers for my device.

Any help with this is appreciated.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userPnup2QQEzC
Constellation

Re: Touchscreen Not Working - Samsung Windows 10 Laptop

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Problem was resolved for me by a newly released update

7 REPLIES 7
Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.

user84EJ0QN6uk
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have this problem - timing was similar and would appreciate assistance also.

laptop is NP880z5e-X01UB.  running Windows 10.  Also lost access to Logitech mouse at the same time and have had to load the Logitech drivers.

AJW

userPnup2QQEzC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Problem was resolved for me by a newly released update

userE8Yh1Acsz5
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have this problem too.

i have ATIV xe500t1c-A03IL and i installed windows 10 from boot menu.

The laptop doesn’t recognize the touchscreen device.

userg6Csw9fb1F
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had the same issue and I tried everything I could think of, also paid BestBuy and GeekSquad to repair the issue but it worked for a few moments only nothing was working. Somehow I found Samsung support people number online +1-800-210-6150 and I spoke to them about my issue, They guided me with few steps and then finally they fixed it. I would recommend you to speak to them for yours. You will be ...

userg6Csw9fb1F
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had the same issue and I tried everything I could think of, also paid BestBuy and GeekSquad to repair the issue but it worked for a few moments only nothing was working. Somehow I found Samsung support people number online +1-800-210-6150 and I spoke to them about my issue, They guided me with few steps and then finally they fixed it. I would recommend you to speak to them for yours. You will be ...

userg6Csw9fb1F
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had the same issue and I tried everything I could think of, also paid BestBuy and GeekSquad to repair the issue but it worked for a few moments only nothing was working. Somehow I found AVG support people number online +1-800-210-6150 and I spoke to them about my issue, They guided me with few steps and then finally they fixed it. I would recommend you to speak to them for yours. You will be ...