cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userUCpZ3H27m8
Asteroid

aa-rd4ndoc docking station for NP600B4B displayport problem

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a NP600 notebook with the above mentioned docking station.

The notebook has an HDMI output an my external monitor works fine with that.

The docking station only has a displayport output.

So I got me an adapter from displayport to HDMI and an adaptercable which has displayport on one side and HDMI on the other.

No matter which I try, the monitor does not detect any signal on the cable plugged into the displayport.

Does anybody have experience with this setup?

Do I need some extra setting to get the displayport working?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userUCpZ3H27m8
Asteroid

Solved: aa-rd4ndoc docking station for NP600B4B displayport problem

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The displayport output on the docking station only works with a decent displayport to HDMI adapter.

The first adapters I tested did not say they were active or passive, they simply did not send any signal to the monitor.

So I got myself another adapter which was sold as active but it did not work either.

Thus I was about to give up  but in a final attempt I bought an adapter which was commented at amazon as definetely being active.

And guess what: it works !

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: aa-rd4ndoc docking station for NP600B4B displayport problem

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For Clarification, It's strictly the display port on the docking station that isn't working, correct?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userUCpZ3H27m8
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Yes, it's only the displayport on the docking station which is not working.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If this is the case, we generally recommend service repairs. To get help with setting this up, or other possible options, please reach out to our Business Product Support team at (855) 581-6892. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userUCpZ3H27m8
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In the meantime I found that there are active and passive adapters.

As the docking station does not have a d+ displayport I guess I do need an active adapter.

So I ordered myself such a device and I will post an update here if I have checked with that.

userUCpZ3H27m8
Asteroid

Solved: aa-rd4ndoc docking station for NP600B4B displayport problem

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The displayport output on the docking station only works with a decent displayport to HDMI adapter.

The first adapters I tested did not say they were active or passive, they simply did not send any signal to the monitor.

So I got myself another adapter which was sold as active but it did not work either.

Thus I was about to give up  but in a final attempt I bought an adapter which was commented at amazon as definetely being active.

And guess what: it works !