Original topic:

1TB 980 Pro slow (on FW 3B2QGXA7)

(Topic created: 07-02-2021 05:49 PM)
csm10495
Constellation
Options
Computers

Hey is anyone else having issues where their 980 pro gets really slow sequential write speeds? 

We had this thread: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Monitors-and-Memory/Samsung-SSD-980-PRO-extreme-slow-write-speed...

for this issue before the recent FW update (3B2QGXA7)... but I have the issue now with that update.

userRki8uk4ZhK_0-1625273123412.png

These are the typical stats I'm getting... note the oddly slow seq write speeds. When I first got the drive, I was getting writes in the 5000MB range. 

I clicked the Optimize button in Windows to optimize the drive (via trim) ... no difference. According to Magician: SMART, temperature, health is all ok.

One odd thing is I have some large database files (90G, 62G, 76G, 115G) on the drive. If I take those files off and optimize again, it seems to get better for a little bit at least. 

Is it possible there is a FW bug related to the caching and the existence of largely contiguous files? I ask since it kind of seems like it is dropping to a TLC-like speed 

1 Reply
userEwMvBGORpm
Astronaut
Options
Computers

id uninstall Samsung magician and reinstall and get version 1B2QGXA7 driver mine works as advertised. I have not updated my driver  and don't plan to. 

0 Likes