Original topic:

5G/cellular stopped working on Galaxy book pro 360 5G

(Topic created: 06-10-2022 08:47 PM)
zephyrus213
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I just found the 5g/cellular is not working on my galaxy book pro 360 5G.

It was working before. The only thing suspicious was a firmware update:

Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. - Firmware - 1.1.0.27

Anyone has similar problems or know how to rollback this firmware update?

I'm on Windows 11. The cellular network icon completely disappeared from the quick setting manual.

When I check the "Device Manager" in Windows, I do see the "Intel 5G solution 5000" properly installed. 

6 Replies
userBN7YgGebur
Astronaut
Options
Computers

same problem as above so paying for data plan that i cant use

0 Likes
zephyrus213
Asteroid
Options
Computers
I couldn't enable the cellular adapter, even after factory recovery. The Samsung remote support couldn't fix it either. Had to send it for repair. This is only after a week of using the laptop.
0 Likes
zephyrus213
Asteroid
Options
Computers
Just got it shipped back to me. They said nothing was wrong, but the cellular was still not working. So frustrated!
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

I can definitely understand how frustrating this may be. I recommend reaching out to your carrier regarding this issue.

0 Likes
zephyrus213
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Unfortunately, this issue is clearly not carrier related, but Samsung hardware related.

This hardware issue was confirmed by your Samsung support vis remote support, where they used remote control to identify and try to fix. However, he was not able to fix the problem and suggest me to contact Samsung support for repair.

Anyway, I opened another support ticket and detailed the issue, see if they can fix it for the second time.

However, this is truly frustrating, as I wasn't able to use my laptop for this extended period of time.

0 Likes
zephyrus213
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Just want to share my frustrated experiences tryin to get the 5g adapter issue fixed under warranty.

After a remote support session by Samsung tech, they cannot fix it and suggested me to open a repair request with Samsung.

Service request 1

I called Samsung repair center on 5/23/2022 to request a service, and the laptop was received by the center on 6/2. A few days later, they called me telling me that there was nothing wrong with the 5G adapter, and is going to send it back to me . However, in the repair statement, they claim the 5G module was replaced. 

Service request2

After receiving the laptop on 6/10/2022, I found the 5G adapter was still not working. The adapter cannot even be enabled, how can they test it with their sim card. So I immediately opened another ticket for the same issue, and included detailed description about the issue in the shipping. 

To my surprise, after they received the laptop, they told me there was water damage and they want to replace my LCD, audio and would charge me over $400 for that. And they said there was a water damage indicator on the back panel of the laptop.

This is the part I don't understand.

1. I live in Montana, which is pretty dry weather, how can there be water getting into the laptop. And I only used the laptop for under a week and it spend most of it's time travelling to/from their repair center and in the center.

2. If there was water damage, how come they don't see it in the first repair, since they claim they have replaced the 5G module?

3. My LCD was working perfectly fine.

Now I request them to just repair my 5G module problem again,  and don't do anything with the LCD since it was working perfectly fine for me. However, they say they won't repair my 5G module unless I replace the LCD with them. This is just terrible experiences. If they are unable to fix the 5G module problem, why cannot they just say it??

0 Likes