Original topic:

5G/cellular stopped working on Galaxy book pro 360 5G

(Topic created: 05-20-2022 03:59 AM)
zephyrus213
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I just found the 5g/cellular is not working on my galaxy book pro 360 5G.

It was working before. The only thing suspicious was a firmware update:

Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. - Firmware - 1.1.0.27

Anyone has similar problems or know how to rollback this firmware update?

I'm on Windows 11. The cellular network icon completely disappeared from the quick setting manual.

When I check the "Device Manager" in Windows, I do see the "Intel 5G solution 5000" properly installed. 

5 Replies
userBN7YgGebur
Astronaut
Options
Computers

same problem as above so paying for data plan that i cant use

0 Likes
zephyrus213
Asteroid
Options
Computers
I couldn't enable the cellular adapter, even after factory recovery. The Samsung remote support couldn't fix it either. Had to send it for repair. This is only after a week of using the laptop.
0 Likes
zephyrus213
Asteroid
Options
Computers
Just got it shipped back to me. They said nothing was wrong, but the cellular was still not working. So frustrated!
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

I can definitely understand how frustrating this may be. I recommend reaching out to your carrier regarding this issue.

0 Likes
zephyrus213
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Unfortunately, this issue is clearly not carrier related, but Samsung hardware related.

This hardware issue was confirmed by your Samsung support vis remote support, where they used remote control to identify and try to fix. However, he was not able to fix the problem and suggest me to contact Samsung support for repair.

Anyway, I opened another support ticket and detailed the issue, see if they can fix it for the second time.

However, this is truly frustrating, as I wasn't able to use my laptop for this extended period of time.

0 Likes