Original topic:

980 Pro 1TB forgot NVME Samsung Drivers before data migration

(Topic created on: 1/27/21 6:44 AM)
userLSehGvlyFD
Constellation
Options
Computers

After purchasing a 980 Pro I decided to use the data migration tool to clone my original WD Black drive. I missed the software instructions to load the Samsung NVME drivers before the cloning. After cloning Sansung Magician would recognize and function on the 980 Pro, although Win 10 saw it as a WD Black. The Samsung NVME driver install would not recognize the 980 Pro, and load the drivers. 

Is there a method to re-recognize in Win 10 the 980 Pro, and load the proper Samsung drivers. Thank you for any help.

0 Likes
4 Replies
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

For all solid-state drive questions, please either email support@totalts.com or call 1-800-SAMSUNG and choose option 7 for SSD support. The SSD support team is available M-F 9 AM - 9 PM. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
ddaniel51
Comet
Options
Computers

Did you remove the WD from the computer and cold boot it?

0 Likes
Options
Computers

Hello userLSehGvlyFD,

If the drive you have is the 980 PRO NVMe drive, Unfortunately, at the moment, there is no 980 PRO NVMe driver available. The current NVMe driver on Samsung's website is only for the 970 series drives.  However, what is the drive shown as within your Windows "Device Manger"? (under the category "Disk Drives")

0 Likes
JulienTLD
Constellation
Options
Computers

Hi,

"Unfortunately, at the moment, there is no 980 PRO NVMe driver available."

So in the future, we could see a Samsung NVMe driver for the 980 PRO ?

0 Likes