cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

AMOLED CRACK from inside not sure how this happened!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Greetings,

I have a galaxybook 12 i5 Windows 10 Cellular Model that has worked like a charm for me until just recently when it now starts blanking out and the screen will go fuzzy and it will get stuck making this loud and absolutely terrible shrill sound.  Even more disappointing, the screen has seemingly cracked all on its own.  I've noticed the device getting extra hot, even in spite of my limited charging and placement on battery-life saving mode.  It appears that the heat, or some other cause unrelated to trauma has caused a spider of the subsurface material.  The cracks cannot be felt by touch, but are visible to the eye on a darker lit screen where a giant crack on the subterranean layer stretches across the screen.  I have been extremely careful with this device, which contains all my client files and privileged information.  As an attorney, I am in need of reliability because I am in constant need of my galaxybook whether to perform research, take calls, read cases, review evidence, or send emails.  I have generally had great luck with Samsung, but this Galaxybook 12 seems like a complete dud.  I am hoping customer service can help me obtain a replacement because I am strongly considering swithing back to apple products, which I have never experienced these issues with.   For being just under a year old and having been cared for so intently, the device should still have several years-worth of miles like my old macbook.    

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: AMOLED CRACK from inside not sure how this happened!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Will you please send a private message with the full model code and serial number of the Galaxy Book so that I may look into this for you? http://bit.ly/2NOMOfT

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: AMOLED CRACK from inside not sure how this happened!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Will you please send a private message with the full model code and serial number of the Galaxy Book so that I may look into this for you? http://bit.ly/2NOMOfT

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post