Original topic:

Activate Fn lock permanently

(Topic created: 09-03-2024 07:39 AM)
andreas35
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Hello,

I would like to permanently activate the Fn lock. Right now, I activate it with Fn + F12 but it desactivates itself at each restart. I saw that it can be done by the BIOS or with Windows settings with some models but I couldn't find it for my Samsung Galaxy Book.

Thanks for your help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Hello @andreas35! Thank you for reaching out! Unfortunately, without doing any of the previous user's methods and there's no option in the mobility center, there would not be a way to enable the FN key permanently. The only way would be to enable it after pressing the FN + F12 after every restart. There may be some third party software that can do this but I unfortunately can not recommend using that.

View solution in context

5 Replies
andreas35
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Thank you ! Unfortunately, step 1 doesnt work and I'm not comfortable enough to do steps 2 to 4 on my computer 🙂

0 Likes
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Computers
Registry is tricky so best not to mess with
0 Likes
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Computers
Open windows mobility center locate the function key row section to lock select function key option from drop down to unlock select the multimedia key
0 Likes
andreas35
Asteroid
Options
Computers

My mobility center dont show any section related to the function key

andreas35_0-1725457676166.png

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Hello @andreas35! Thank you for reaching out! Unfortunately, without doing any of the previous user's methods and there's no option in the mobility center, there would not be a way to enable the FN key permanently. The only way would be to enable it after pressing the FN + F12 after every restart. There may be some third party software that can do this but I unfortunately can not recommend using that.