JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Active Pen compatibility with notebook 7 spin 2018

(Topic created: 06-22-2018 12:27 PM)
usereugUZC9GKN
Constellation
Options
Computers

I've been searching far and wide for an answer to this question...
The brand new Spin 7 notebook (NP730QAA-K01US) supposedly has Active Pen compatibility, but I have been finding NOTHING on what active pens are compatible with it. Does the new notebook have Microsoft Pen Protocol (MPP)? Could I use something like the Bamboo Ink? I just want to buy a laptop knowing that it has what I need.

0 Likes
JUMP TO SOLUTION
12 Replies
user9sCkOms7Qy
Astronaut
Options
Computers

Does anybody have any clue what pens will and will not work with the notebook 7 spin. I don't need should work. It should come with one or at least have an option to add one it's not like Samsung doesn't make them. Or maybe this system just doesn't work good with pens. Any real help would be great. This is the only thing stoping me from buying this device.

0 Likes
userzRc5v9Y0Un
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Ridiculous.  Answer the question directly and post a list of compatible pens for this notebook.  

0 Likes
userzRc5v9Y0Un
Asteroid
Options
Computers

30 minutes with tech chat, another 15 with phone tech support - both indicate only one documented option - a Samsung active pen from samsungparts.com, part number BA98-01861B, selling for $99.78.  Come on Samsung - do better.

0 Likes