cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astronaut

Battery Replacement on NP900X4C

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

After reading a reply from SamsungCole (Samsung Moderator) regarding replacement of a Samsung  NP900X4C battery with one from eBay:

08-24-2017 04:42 PM

As long as the battery matches specs for the battery made directly for the NP900X4C-A07US then you should be fine to get one not directly made by Samsung.

I purchased a battery from eBay with exactly the same specs as the one in the laptop.

I changed the battery and now the red X symbol is removed from the battery icon on the tray, but on mouse over I always see: 0% available (plugged in, not charging) and the new battery isn’t getting charged.

Digging into Google’s suggestions for the issue I did the following without any luck:

1. Uninstalled – Reinstalled battery driver from device manager
  2. Removed battery and pressed the power button for 20 secs and then rebooted and connected the battery after (drain the flea power - static charge)
  3. Tried to Shift – Restart the computer

No luck on the above 

Then I have read that a Bios update may help in this case. I downloaded the Samsung Update App (SWM_Setup) and it shows that there is a Bios update for the Laptop. When I try to run the update I get a Stop Box saying that this update needs 30% of the battery to be available in order to run. I am running the update to fix the battery not charging issue. How can I have 30% of the battery available?

Please  Advise,

Nicolas Tsamis

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Battery Replacement on NP900X4C

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Honestly speaking with a servicer would be my recommendation in order to have them force the update. Samsung uses Intellisol and Total Tech Solutions as their authorized service centers for laptops and other computer products. You could give them a call  for pricing information and questions regarding the process. Their numbers are below for you:

Total Tech Solutions: 201-672-9501 EXT 7

Intellisol: 817-230-5230

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Battery Replacement on NP900X4C

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Honestly speaking with a servicer would be my recommendation in order to have them force the update. Samsung uses Intellisol and Total Tech Solutions as their authorized service centers for laptops and other computer products. You could give them a call  for pricing information and questions regarding the process. Their numbers are below for you:

Total Tech Solutions: 201-672-9501 EXT 7

Intellisol: 817-230-5230

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post