Original topic:

Battery does not hold charge

(Topic created: 03-13-2023 04:39 AM)
Paulaziz
Constellation
Options
Computers

Hello everyone,

My 670Z5E laptop battery meter shows 100% but does not hold charge. I have done hard reset and update the bios and all system drivers but no success.

According to battery report, the battery is in excellent condition with:

Designed capacity: 57,456 mWh

Current capacity: 56,240 mWh

Thanks for the assistance.

0 Likes
3 Replies
kriptonit
Astronaut
Options
Computers
Ok 👍
0 Likes
meggie1980
Astronaut
Options
Computers
Neither did my phone and I got approved for a replacement phone but still don't have it
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I can see how this can be concerning with your laptop battery not lasting as long. I would recommend attempting the information at the following link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01201702/.

If this doesn't help then you may need a new battery, depending on the warranty of the unit you will have a couple of options. 

- If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334.

-Or if you are out of warranty you can look on our parts website samsungparts.com.

0 Likes