Original topic:

Black display Samsung Notebook 9 Pro-Screen not working

(Topic created: 04-02-2018 05:11 AM)
Aladdin
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Good day Samsung 
So my new 3 months notebook 9 Pro NP900X5N-X01US Display screen is black the laptop was in Hibernate/sleep mode, I opened the laptop like normally I do…. the lock screen windows 10 showed up for less than a second after that half off the screen went black green lines and completed Black after 3 sec, tried to boot up the laptop did not work and I don't have access to BIOS/UEFI.....Samsung Logo doesn't show also.

There's no problem, it power up with the battery (blue light) or the power cord (green light) it work plugged in or without power cord so there's no problems there.

I also tried an external monitor the same issue happened ( just black screen) the keyboard doesn't respond also I plugged another keyboard through the USB from the side no luck.

I can hear the fan running and light is on but it is like goth stuck in sleep mode loophole!!!!

44 Replies
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Oh no! Have you tried letting the laptop die completely and then plugging it it and trying to use it?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Aladdin
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Thank you for the response

Should I worry if the laptop start to run hot and the cooling fan didn't kick in and started spinning 

0 Likes
Aladdin
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I did try your method xD and Nah nothing happen

The LED now has this pattern of continuous blinking

0 Likes
Aladdin
Asteroid
Options
Computers
The accurate Laptop: Model NP940Z5L-X01US not np900x5n
0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

That'll need to be serviced.  Could you send us a private message with a serial number?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Aladdin
Asteroid
Options
Computers
I did send s/n in a private email, on the flip side, I received an email asking me to Please provide my name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and place of purchase and once I provided that info nothing since then have happened.
0 Likes
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

Sorry for the delay Aladdin, we never got the response. Mind resending this information to me here: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user3PoTN5YCDe
Astronaut
Options
Computers

is this a common problem?   I have the same model and it kept doing it.  So then I did a bios update and now it's completely black and dead... I tried taking my battery out to reset and i get nothing.

0 Likes
userx7np0d2Zz7
Constellation
Options
Computers

Hi I have pretty much the excat same issue, my model number is: NP940Z5L...

When the battery is plugged in, there is never any issues, the screen always works okay.

When I use it on battery (either from resuming sleep/hibernation) or powering off and back on again, I get the same black screen with a few grey lines, however, when I push keys on the keyboard it responds so everything is still working but the screen is completely black... rebooting does not fix it, I tried adjusting some power savings settings but did not fix it. If it is always plugged in it always works okay.

This is a brand new device I purchased from Amazon in the USA (not refurbished) However, I live in Canada and shipping this to the USA to be serviced when it occured less then a week out of the box is pretty unacceptable.

Any other solutions/potential fixses? Pretty unhappy considering it is brand new, seems like a known problem, and I am not in the USA to service it.

0 Likes