Original topic:

Black display Samsung Notebook 9 Pro-Screen not working

(Topic created: 06-04-2017 06:41 AM)
Aladdin
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Good day Samsung 
So my new 3 months notebook 9 Pro NP900X5N-X01US Display screen is black the laptop was in Hibernate/sleep mode, I opened the laptop like normally I do…. the lock screen windows 10 showed up for less than a second after that half off the screen went black green lines and completed Black after 3 sec, tried to boot up the laptop did not work and I don't have access to BIOS/UEFI.....Samsung Logo doesn't show also.

There's no problem, it power up with the battery (blue light) or the power cord (green light) it work plugged in or without power cord so there's no problems there.

I also tried an external monitor the same issue happened ( just black screen) the keyboard doesn't respond also I plugged another keyboard through the USB from the side no luck.

I can hear the fan running and light is on but it is like goth stuck in sleep mode loophole!!!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
user3VkN4F7gzY
Constellation
Options
Computers

So what's the deal with this? I just started to experience the same issue!! All of a sudden, my screen would turn black and flicker. Then the flickering will stop and the screen will just stay black. If I press the power button it goes to sleep, then I turn it back on and it is fine. Then after some time the same thing happens. Please advise.

0 Likes
user3VkN4F7gzY
Constellation
Options
Computers

After much googling, I think I found a solution. Since this ONLY happens while using laptop on battery power, this is what I did: Right click on you desktop and go to "Intel Graphics Settings" -> "Power" -> "On Battery" -> "Panel Self Refresh" -> "Disable" -> "Apply". This appears to have fixed it for me.

userGaHORlBfKc
Constellation
Options
Computers

i have an ativ book 9 940x5j  with the same issur black scrren no response to the key board 
s it the same problem 

0 Likes
userGaHORlBfKc
Constellation
Options
Computers

so what did u do?

0 Likes
Options
Computers

Hey, I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Please get that to us as soon as you can.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userNaD5ULsedE
Constellation
Options
Computers

Just want to report back. Running for the past two months with zero issues after doing this:

Right click on you desktop and go to "Intel Graphics Settings" -> "Power" -> "On Battery" -> "Panel Self Refresh" -> "Disable" -> "Apply". This fixed it for me.

muddboner
Constellation
Options
Computers

Piggybacking on messages that have the same issue that I am having. 

Model #NP940X3G-K03US

I have my laptop connected to a TV monitor.  My laptop screen is black, but the TV monitor responds to touchscreen commands.  Doesn't matter if the computer is running on battery or plugged in.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Computers

@muddboner Have you tried adjusting your screen resolution settings to ensure that it registers two monitors?

0 Likes
muddboner
Constellation
Options
Computers

I have. The display on my laptop has been black for a while.  I connected it to a monitor to confirm that the computer was working.  I am looking for solutions other than changing the display screen.

0 Likes