Original topic:

Black display Samsung Notebook 9 Pro-Screen not working

(Topic created: 06-04-2017 06:41 AM)
Aladdin
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Good day Samsung 
So my new 3 months notebook 9 Pro NP900X5N-X01US Display screen is black the laptop was in Hibernate/sleep mode, I opened the laptop like normally I do…. the lock screen windows 10 showed up for less than a second after that half off the screen went black green lines and completed Black after 3 sec, tried to boot up the laptop did not work and I don't have access to BIOS/UEFI.....Samsung Logo doesn't show also.

There's no problem, it power up with the battery (blue light) or the power cord (green light) it work plugged in or without power cord so there's no problems there.

I also tried an external monitor the same issue happened ( just black screen) the keyboard doesn't respond also I plugged another keyboard through the USB from the side no luck.

I can hear the fan running and light is on but it is like goth stuck in sleep mode loophole!!!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Could you send us a private message with the full model and serial number?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Mikem5601
Constellation
Options
Computers

Hello I seem to be having the same problem.

What happens is after a while the screen will flicker, and then go black.  

No matter what I do, I have to power off and back on again.

NP940z5l model , Samsung Notebook 9 Pro.

MICHAEL MANGANO
0 Likes
Solution
Aladdin
Asteroid
Options
Computers

the issue is from nvidia graphic card (GeForce) the laptop will run normally but nothing appear on display screen.

Mikem5601
Constellation
Options
Computers

Correct!

Is there a solution to the graphic card problem?

MICHAEL MANGANO
0 Likes
Aladdin
Asteroid
Options
Computers

the gpu is soldered into the motherboard so there's nothing you can do on your own, if you're in luck and live nearby one of Samsung centre repairs than send it in....Mine is collecting dust in the corner:/

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Are you unable to ship in your device?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Mikem5601
Constellation
Options
Computers

Yes I can.  Just as an FYI, I did an online chat with Samsng tech and they changed some things on the display settings.  Did not work as I have had two black screens,

Would like the problem resolved as this machine is very nice and quick and I love it.

MICHAEL MANGANO
0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Send us a private message as soon as you can.  

0 Likes
Mikem5601
Constellation
Options
Computers

Just sent.

Thanks

MICHAEL MANGANO
0 Likes
userx7np0d2Zz7
Constellation
Options
Computers

I also sent you a private message with model/serial number as per requested.

0 Likes