Original topic:

Black display Samsung Notebook 9 Pro-Screen not working

(Topic created: 06-04-2017 06:41 AM)
Aladdin
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Good day Samsung 
So my new 3 months notebook 9 Pro NP900X5N-X01US Display screen is black the laptop was in Hibernate/sleep mode, I opened the laptop like normally I do…. the lock screen windows 10 showed up for less than a second after that half off the screen went black green lines and completed Black after 3 sec, tried to boot up the laptop did not work and I don't have access to BIOS/UEFI.....Samsung Logo doesn't show also.

There's no problem, it power up with the battery (blue light) or the power cord (green light) it work plugged in or without power cord so there's no problems there.

I also tried an external monitor the same issue happened ( just black screen) the keyboard doesn't respond also I plugged another keyboard through the USB from the side no luck.

I can hear the fan running and light is on but it is like goth stuck in sleep mode loophole!!!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Computers

If you unplug the television as a monitor, does the screen remain black on the laptop?

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

It would need to be sent in for service.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Mikem5601
Constellation
Options
Computers

OK I am willing to do that.

Steps?

MICHAEL MANGANO
0 Likes
userGr6dT26CEo
Astronaut
Options
Computers

The solution that helped me requires some technical skill.
I separated the screen from the screen shell/cover and disconnected the display cable. Then I cleaned the connector using a pencil eraser and connected things back together. After that, I used a double-sided tape to attach the LED panel back to the screen shell. (I had to use special double-sided tape designed for laptop LCDs though.) It has been more than two weeks since the repair and I have not experienced any issues with the screen since.

userDYXPXScSde
Constellation
Options
Computers

Hi, I am having the exact same problem with Samsung Notebook 9 Pro. This device is only a few months old, yet the screen has randomly gone black. The power supply & AC adapter works fine. The battery seems to work. basically, it's like the PC went to sleep but will never wake up again. The PC worked perfectly prior to this, & the only thing recently that happened was "Samsung Update" which claims to install new drivers. 

I have some electronics experience but the Samsung notebooks are very difficult to work on bc everything is soldered together & the battery is internal. I can tell that the LED panel is not lighting up, & I don't hear the fans coming on. When you close & open the laptop, nothing happens. The LED lights that indicate the charger are working though. it's green/ fully charged, then turns blue when I touch the power on button, but the screen doesn't come on & the PC doesn't boot. I've hooked it up to other monitors & Samsung TV as well, & none of those work. 

What should be done to fix ASAP please? This is my primary work machine. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Computers

@userDYXPXScSde    We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link, and we will look in to this for you.

0 Likes
userDYXPXScSde
Constellation
Options
Computers

Hi Lou,

Thank you, this was resolved by the tech support resetting the PC so that it could boot up, & then he discovered it had crashed during update. He said it needed to fully run the Windows Update & Samsung Update to restore current versions of the drivers. Once all the updates were finished, the screen is no longer black & the keyboard & touch screen work fine now.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Computers

You are most welcome.

0 Likes
userLPxa9EWmoz
Constellation
Options
Computers

Holy smokes I fixed it! After trying EVERYTHING on this thread, for over a year - I tried pulling the Removing the Display Cable. Only after the cable was removed did the external HDMI monitor work. I was able to update the Samsung and Windows updates, restart the laptop and BOOM it works!! FORGET THESE COMPANIES THAT PUSH SOFTWARE UPDATES THAT BRICK MACHINES!Holding the Display connector - HDMI to external monitor plugged in.Holding the Display connector - HDMI to external monitor plugged in. 

0 Likes
carfiboy319
Constellation
Options
Computers

I've dealt with this for so long and it is infuriating!

But now that I just reworked my desk setup with an Samsung 49" ultrawide, I would like to use my laptops screen as a small secondary monitor again.

Tried all the steps listed on this forum with no help. My external monitors (both via USB-C and/or HDMI) have always worked properly - my issue is internal display only. It will go black and sometimes flicker only the bottom 5% of the screen. What's interesting is it almost seems like it works better when its being used in a warm environment and sometimes I can gently torque the screen enough for it kick back on for a second. Then other times, I'll unlock it and it works an entire day without ever missing a beat.

I guess I can disassemble and check monitor cable.

Any help here Samsung?

0 Likes