cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cosmic Ray

Black screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

np940x5m-x03us

Notebook pro 9 has had no issues UNTIL yesterday. It was working fine, turning on fine, I was doing scheduling on my *secure company website. I completed my work, shut the lid, put it away in my carrier. Later on, I opened it up to use again. The blue "on light" was lit, as normal, but the screen was completely black. Not so much as a flicker of life to it. I've been turning it on and off,  opening and shutting the lid, plugging it in, unplugging it... over and over and over. No screen response. Right now I have it flipped upside down (was looking at the model number) , I can hear the fan running, I know this guy s running, i know he's on... but he just wont open his eyes. Face recognition lights don't even flicker like they usually do when trying to recognize me. What are some possible solutions to this issue? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cosmic Ray

Re: Black screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok, so the problem seemed to be high humidity level. I was camping and even though it never got wet, it had been raining all day. Arrived home on Friday, plugged it in to charge last night and it turned on without any issues. Thankyou for the advice!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there, just wanted to check in and see if the troubleshooting steps provided above helped. 

Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just saw there was a response to my question. Sorry. Since Samsung changed/updated the galaxy notifications (during one of the last few updates installed, I dunno which one), i can't seem to keep up with my emails like I used to. Either way, i'll check it out this evening after work.  Thank you

Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok, so the problem seemed to be high humidity level. I was camping and even though it never got wet, it had been raining all day. Arrived home on Friday, plugged it in to charge last night and it turned on without any issues. Thankyou for the advice!

View solution in original post

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We're glad that you were able to get it resolved.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.