JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Book2 Windows 10S 1809 update available? Model SM-W737A

(Topic created: 01-26-2019 01:06 AM)
user5ei5erosnv
Cosmic Ray
Options
Computers

Was Windows 10S 1809 released for the Book2 SM-W737A? Windows Update isn't installing it but I'll try to manually install it if possible. I'm having two issues with drivers, one of which is preventing me from using a microSD card. Windows update seems to be the only way to get updated drivers installed on Win10S. Here are the driver errors from device manager:

--(1) This is active when I try to use a Sandisk Extreme Pro microSD card. The card works in other PCs without a problem and I have tried to format it then install on the . The Sandisk Extreme microSD and other microSD cards work fine in this PC. When the card is inserted into the slot:

Storage Controllers\SD Storage Class Controller

Device Status: "This device cannot start (Code 10)

(Operation Failed)

The requested operation was unsuccessful.

--(2) This is always active regardless of connected to a network via wifi, LTE or in Airplane mode. I'm not sure what impact it has on the operation of the PC as everything seems to be working.

Network Adapters\Microsoft WiFi Direct Virtual Adapter #2

Device Status: "This device cannot start (Code 10)

(Operation Failed)

The requested operation was unsuccessful.

0 Likes
4 Replies
TheDaniel
Comet
Options
Computers

I dont thing the 1809 is going to help your sd issue, I wouldnt recommend trying to hack it on there. it sounds like you just need sd adaptors drivers. Grab SWUpdate from Windoes Store.

---My Signature---
If you're anticipating a follow up to one of my posts, please like my post or tag me. I don't generally go back to posts I have replied to unless I get pointed there.
0 Likes
user5ei5erosnv
Cosmic Ray
Options
Computers

Thanks but Samsung Update won't install on this PC. It is Windows on Arm running Win10S.

0 Likes
TheDaniel
Comet
Options
Computers

Sorry bout that. Didnt even consider the ARM.

All I got for ya is https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/install/windows10sdriverrequirements

If the sd is a generic integrated, I'd need more info about the board, if you can find anything about the manufacturer of the reader, it would help. Not sure if I'd be able to find anything, but I'll give it a shot.

Ms claims to support open source, but I'll hold my breath waiting for the ability to compile in a kernel module.

---My Signature---
If you're anticipating a follow up to one of my posts, please like my post or tag me. I don't generally go back to posts I have replied to unless I get pointed there.
0 Likes
Solution
user5ei5erosnv
Cosmic Ray
Options
Computers

Recevied the v1809 update today which was then followed by Samsung updates. The sd card is working fine now. 

View solution in context

0 Likes