cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Brand New 970 Evo Plus, High Host Read / Writes

image.png

Concerned about my new Samsung 970 Evo total host read / writes. This is an OS dive, and other than being on 24/7, doesn't do much other than ocassionally run some disk backup / cloning / wiping throughout the night. How on earth has it managed to read and write so much data in such a short amount of time? This was purchased brand new from Amazon. I am experiencing issues with the following:

• Computer griding to a halt after being on for a while with 100% RAM usage - Installed an extra 8GB RAM, now at 16GB, I'm thinking a potential memory leak. 
  • Ocassional I/O. NTFS Errors (likely recording this when the system is locked down and has very slow response rates) - chkdsk didn't find any issues
    image.png
  • System was working fine until I cloned it from an old SSD to the EVO a couple of weeks ago - it was powered on in the system for about a month, doing nothing as was the case with my second disk (currently inactive) as shown here:
    image.png
  • So the question being, how on earth has it processed so much data in that time? My previous disk has only slightly more read activity over 3.5 years of power-on time! The only thing I can think of is that it's paging to the disk due to high memory usage, but what I don't understand is why I'm experiencing this 'memory' leak when all I did was clone the disk. Could a faulty SSD cause these sorts of issues? 

Original Disk:
    image.png

System Specs:

image.png

image.png

image.png