Original topic:

Can a Galaxy Book Pro 360 with Intel Xe run an external ultrawide Samsung monitor

(Topic created: 09-23-2021 07:23 AM)
David V
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I posted this in the monitor section, but figure it may be best in the computer section here.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Book Pro 360 (with integrated Intel Xe graphic) and it runs a three monitor setup using a Plugable hub, but I would like to replace those three monitors with just one Ultrawide Samsung Odyssey G9 ultrawide monitor (5120 x 1440). But I am unsure if the laptop can run the monitor at any resolution, either directly or through a hub.

So...

1-Will the laptop work with that monitor, or
2-Would I have to get an external GPU unit.  or..
3-Some other solution that I'm not seeing.

Any advise will help, also curious to know if anyone has this laptop/monitor setup.

0 Likes
3 Replies
userEW3sPO5nha
Constellation
Options
Computers

i am running the i7 Galaxy book linked to CRG9 and this works well at 5120 x 1440 with the right cable

userEW3sPO5nha
Constellation
Options
Computers

i tried a few connectors before i got the cable linked and these did not work, many USBC to HDMI or DP adapters only run to 3840 x 2160 or something like the Belkin USB-C to HDMI adapter. Tried this and this did not work, the resolution was stretched completely. The one from Amazon, plugged in, changed the resolution and away i went. Laptop seems to have to be closed to allow for 5120 x 1440 which isnt a problem

David V
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Thanks for the link. I just may get that cable to try it out both ways. 1st try will be connecting the laptop to the monitor directly and the 2nd try will be connecting it to the Plugable hub then that to the monitor.

In the mean time since my post, I bought a external gpu enclosure with a GTX 1080 ti card (which comes in tomorrow. the 49" G9 Monitor comes in Friday), so perfect timing to test these 3 solutions).  I'll update this post with my findings. Again thanks.

0 Likes