JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Chromebook Plus V2 Battery not charging

(Topic created: 04-20-2020 08:20 AM)
usercjfP5kxQbt
Constellation
Options
Computers
Samsung Chromebook Plus V2 Model Number: XE520QAB-K02US purchased in July 2019 for my 14yr old son school needs.  Warranty expired 12/31/2019.  Now the battery seems dead and not holding any charge.  Spent hours researching potential fixes including the Samsung suggested actions (power flush, etc).  Contacted Samsung and the referred me to authorized repair shop which I now have to send to them with expected cost of ~$150.00 for new battery and labor (+ shipping).  This is not the quality product that I've come to expect from Samsung with multiple Samsung smart TV's and their Oculus Quest.  Very disappointed and now when my son needs this chromebook now more than ever because of Covid-19 related home schooling, he doesn't have it.  This was a high-end chromebook price point and I would expect better quality.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

I would like to look into this further.  Could you send me a private message with your transaction number?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

13 Replies
Solution
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

I would like to look into this further.  Could you send me a private message with your transaction number?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

We're having a little trouble with the ticket.  Would you happen to still have the serial number by any chance?   

0 Likes
usercjfP5kxQbt
Constellation
Options
Computers

Chromebook off to Samsung authorized repair center but I beleive it is Serial# 0XWF91CKA01112P

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Your repair has been completed.  Your tracking number is: 1Z8811EE0295097141.  It should be shipped out shortly.  

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Computers

Based solely on your experience with our Community team, please let us know how we're doing by taking this short survey. Please be sure to include transaction number #32338153. Thanks!

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Have you received the chromebook?  

0 Likes
user3YfiRbGD91
Constellation
Options
Computers
i just purchased my son this chromebook 2 months ago and its doing the same thing! i dont know what to do!
0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

This is something that would require service.  Could you send me a private message so that I can get some additional information?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

0 Likes
user3YfiRbGD91
Constellation
Options
Computers
how do i do that?
0 Likes