JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Chromebook Plus overheating

(Topic created: 04-09-2020 10:21 AM)
userYYj6k7XOwt
Constellation
Options
Computers

I have a chromebook plus v2 (k02us) from 2018. I am loving it except like a week ago, it booted up and started overheating like crazy. It was like 140 degrees when I booted it up.  I wasn't charging it. It wasn't sleeping. I thought it was a Canary channel problem so I booted back to Beta channel. I have 6 tabs on and it's 162 degrees. Anybody having same issues?Screenshot 2020-04-09 at 02.15.02.png

3 Replies
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

Have you attempted a powerwash of the Chromebook?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userYYj6k7XOwt
Constellation
Options
Computers

While I was changing the chromebook channel from canary to beta, it powerwashed itself.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

This is going to require service. I would be delighted in setting up that service for you! Can you shoot me a private message with the full model and serial number?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes