JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Chromebook Product Registration

(Topic created: 08-31-2023 07:28 AM)
comm1057
Constellation
Options
Computers

Spent over an hour on the phone with Samsung trying to register my new Chromebook.  Lost count on the number of times I was bounced between service people.  The online Samsung website asks for an 11 digit Serial Number.  My Chromebook has 15 digits.  Tried inputting the first 11 digits.  No go.  Tried inputting the last 11 digits.  No go.  Tried under Computing.  No go.  Tried under Other Devices.  No go.  

The last person I spoke to sent me to the website location I had already tried 4 times.  Then sent me to another location that didn't work.  After an hour of trying, I just ended the conversation.  I am so frustrated.  I'm shocked to find pages after pages of people not being able to register their products.  How can a company like Samsung not be able to successfully program their product registry page?  Anyway, here I sit with an unregistered product and possibly no way to use the warranty, if needed.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I see how this can be frustrating with not being able to register your product. I'm not sure what site they sent you to but all you should need to do is go here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/register/, sign in, and click register. After that click all other products, and it will ask you for the 15-character serial number. If this still does not work you will definitely still have your warranty and it's good for a year from the purchase date.  Unless you have an extended warranty from your place of purchase then it will be good with us for the year, then after will need to go through your place of purchase. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I see how this can be frustrating with not being able to register your product. I'm not sure what site they sent you to but all you should need to do is go here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/register/, sign in, and click register. After that click all other products, and it will ask you for the 15-character serial number. If this still does not work you will definitely still have your warranty and it's good for a year from the purchase date.  Unless you have an extended warranty from your place of purchase then it will be good with us for the year, then after will need to go through your place of purchase. 

0 Likes